Sharing our Worship With Others
As a school, pupils take an active part in the delivery and leading of worship. Some of the ways we involve pupils are:
- Each class plans a worship and leads during the school year and parents are invited to watch.
- Year 6 pupils are responsible for preparing the media and selecting some of the songs that we sing.
- Children are invited to lead the school with actions or sign language at the front.
- Children read bible stories and verses and prepare prayers to read.
- Children perform bible stories and act out the stories for the rest of the school.
We also ensure that we celebrate important Christian festivals (Harvest, Easter, Christmas etc.) as a whole school. Here, each class takes the responsibility for planning and preparing specific areas which are then collated and shared with the wider community. During Covid-19, children produced harvest, Christmas and Easter videos which were shared over social media. Each class also planned and prepared works and videos to share during their '40 days of kindness' project.
Classes also go and lead worship in other schools and events. For example, Year 3 went to Port Vale to celebrate Christmas with the community.