Position: Teaching Assistant / Inclusion Support
Academy: St Thomas’ Cof E Primary Academy
Salary: Grade 4 £10,082 - £10,266 Actual (FTE £21,575 - £21,968)
Contract: Temporary until July 2023, 20 hours per week, Term Time + 6 days
Start date: Immediate
We are looking to appoint an inspirational and enthusiastic Teaching Assistant / Inclusion Support Assistant to join the academy team.
The successful candidate will, under the guidance of the class teacher and SENDCo, work to provide support for
- teaching and learning activities in the classroom
- the development and implementation of Individual Education/Behaviour Plans.
- individual pupils with an EHCP
We are looking to appoint someone who -
- has a passion for working with children
- is flexible, enthusiastic, have lots of energy and a real sense of fun and are calm and patient
- has a good understanding of SEND
- has the ability to work as part of a team and to show initiative
- is keen to be involved in all aspects of school life
- has excellent interpersonal and communication skills with children and parents
- has excellent English and Maths skills as well as being creative
- has a thorough understanding of the need for confidentiality and the importance of safeguarding
- can support the Christian ethos and values of the academy.
Prospective applicants are welcome to visit the academy - please telephone 01782 787099 to arrange an appointment.
Please post or email applications FTAO: Mrs L Fry, Principal:
St Thomas CofE Primary Academy,, Poplar Drive, Kidsgrove, Stoke on Trent, ST7 4HT.
Closing date: 9am on Thursday 2nd March 2023
Interview date: w/c 6th March 2023
Telephone: 01782 787099
Three Spires Trust and its academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to all necessary pre-employment checks, including: an enhanced DBS; Prohibition check; Section 128 direction check; Childcare Disqualification (where applicable); qualifications (where applicable); medical fitness; identity and right to work. All applicants will be required to provide two suitable references.